[Duboistalk] Martial arts in Lander. Happy New Year

Hannes Stueckler hstueckler at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 14:20:49 MST 2011

 If you are interested in training with us, check out the web site below for
more info and details or feel free to contact me.

As always, we are a great training opportunity for an unbeatable price.

Special thanks to Kidz Inc. for donating training space to us for the winter
again!  They are terrific people, and it is a very nice facility.

----------------------

It is our tradition that with the new year, the emphasis of the training
changes.  2011 will be the year of the "Kihon Happo" and Shindenfudo Ryu
Dakentaijutsu.  We will spend a significant amount of time training with the
Hanbo (three foot stick) and Kyoketsu Shoge (A weight and cord type of
weapon).  Of course, the modern relevance of these archaic weapons will be
studied as well, but I get ahead of myself...

Our art consists of eight fundamental principles, which we call the kihon
happo.  Each of these is a very simple idea of safe movement combined with
defensive "moves" and counter attacks.  The nine schools (ryu) of the
Bujinkan use combinations of the kihon happo to form techniques.  Each of
these, in turn gives us a context in which we can practice and refine the
kihon happo.  It is a circular learning method that doesn't end.  We just
keep getting better each time the wheel turns.  This year we are going to
spend a significant amount of time looking at the kihon happo in a stand
alone context.  Once we understand the foundation, we will put them into
realistic modern application to develop effective defensive reflexes.  For
those of us who have seen this before, we will refine what we know to make
it more efficient.

We will also study some of the techniques and philosophical ideas of the
Shindenfudo Ryu (Immovable Heart School).

Training intensity is slow and easy for beginners, and increases as you are
able to handle it.  More experienced students assist the new ones in a
non-competitive atmosphere.

We are a non-profit martial arts training group.  All money goes to
improving our equipment /  training.  Cost is $25/month.

Sincerely,

Hannes Stueckler

Bujinkan Buyu Lander Dojo
Traditional and Modern Self Defense.