[Rivertontalk] Goat kids and 2 year old trained pack wether for sale

Hannes Stueckler hstueckler at gmail.com
Thu May 26 13:28:20 MDT 2011

Some pictures here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/114965783810205879518/GoatsForSale#

We test for CAE and CL when bringing in new goats, so we will have
documentation for each goat shortly.  Last test was almost 3 years ago, with
one wether (not for sale) testing positive for CAE.  He previously tested
negative, and will be re-tested this year (hoping to confirm false positive)

For sale:

------------
"Otis"  2 year old 3/4 oberhasli, 1/4 alpine-toggenberg wether.  CAE, CL
negative.  Has been hiked, but not packed.  Castrated at approximately 6
months (It might have been 7).  Friendly, agile, and good temperament.
Comes to grain, knows his name.  Ready to start learning to pack $250.  Otis
was frequently handled and properly bonded to humans from birth.  Lead
trained, and ties out without fighting the lead.

Lineage:
Buck "Dually" -Oberhasli- From "Nanny Nutmeg".  Dually is the grandson of
Charlie Goggin's "Donovan the Dove".  "Dually" is highly intelligent, agile
and very gentle.  We pack him in the summer, and can handle him safely
during full rut.  He is the finest goat I have ever owned.
Doe "Fawn" -1/2 oberhasli, 1/2 alpine-toggenberg mix - from Butt Head
Packgoats.  "Fawn" is unusually agile for a domestic goat.  During hikes she
would climb rocks that the others simply couldn't scale, getting footholds
and jumping in tiny ledges.

Two doe kids from the same lineage as "Otis".  Born April 20th.  Strong with
good confirmation.  Frequently handled and properly bonded to humans from
birth. $50

One Buck kid from the same lineage as "Otis".  Born April 20th.  Strong with
good confirmation. Frequently handled and properly bonded to humans from
birth. $100