[Rivertontalk] Why Host an International Exchange Student?

Stacey Peranteaux stacey.peranteaux at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 14:49:59 MDT 2011

·         Hosting an EF Foundation exchange student is a great step toward
preparing your children for the 21st century.  There are few experiences
that can spark an interest in new cultures like welcoming an international
student into your home.

·         Host families say the exchange experience has led them to create
life-changing, lasting friendships, gain fresh perspectives on the world,
and enrich their families and communities.

­   For many families, hosting exchange students is a beloved family
tradition.­   More than 30 percent of our host families are repeat hosts. More
than 20 percent of our families host back-to-back years.

   - Host families play an important role in public diplomacy.  The United
   States Department of State relies on American families like yours to serve
   as citizen ambassadors and help foster positive impressions of the United
   States. According to U.S. State Department, expanding communications
   between United States citizens and people from other countries is a priority
   foreign policy goal.

*I have students who need host families in January!  Call or go online for
more information.*
**
*Stacey Peranteaux*
*International Exchange Coordinator *