[Rivertontalk] Volunteer Host Families Needed!

Stacey Peranteaux stacey.peranteaux at gmail.com
Wed May 2 11:44:31 MDT 2012

Enrich your world and share America with a foreign exchange student!  EF
Foundation, a non profit organization committed to promoting global
awareness for over 30 years, is the leader in high school exchange,
bringing more international students to the United States than any other
program of its kind.

When you volunteer to host an international exchange student, your world
comes alive for a young person from another country. By opening your home,
you open a student’s eyes to the real America: real people, real
experiences, and real life. At the same time, your generosity of spirit
creates a positive view of the United States that crosses oceans—and lasts
a lifetime.

Little kids, big kids, no kids…our host families come in all shapes and
sizes. We work with 35 different countries, so our students come from all
kinds of cultures, backgrounds and have a wide range of interests.   You
will be able to see student applications and can choose a student that
matches your families’ interests.

Depending on your daily routine, hosting an exchange student may mean a
couple more trips in the car, or a few extra helpings at the dinner table.
Year after year, however, our host families say that the hardest thing
about hosting is having to say goodbye!

*Here are two of our students: *

**

*Mirjam is an 18 year old girl from a small village in Switzerland.  She
enjoys biking/cycling, reading, singing in the choir, skiing and most of
all violin!!  She says “violin is my medicine, if I play the violin I
forget everything around me”.  She describes herself as active,
affectionate, religious, honest and peaceful. She cannot wait to start her
American adventure.  *

* *

*Ida is a 17 year old girl from Norway.  She is very interested in all
kinds of sports like horseback riding, competitive swimming and karate. She
says "I really like reading books, mostly in the Fantasy and Crime genre. I
also really like to write stories, but I'm not as thrilled about writing
fact based texts. I have been taking horseback riding classes for 3-4
years, but quit a little while ago. I have been swimming for more or less
11 years. I have also been taking kick boxing classes . I  love music, and
have been taking vocal classes for over a year. I want to come to America
to meet new people, prefect my English, learn more of the academic language
and to learn more about the culture and what it's really like compared to
what one can see in movies and Tv shows.*

*For more information call your local international coordinators: Dean and
Stacey Peranteaux at 851-6231*

* *

*effoundation.org*