[Rivertontalk] Beautiful, handwoven Persian carpet for sale at a great price!

Sally Green moondreams20002000 at yahoo.com
Sat May 5 11:06:14 MDT 2012

http://riverton-talk.974171.n3.nabble.com/file/n3964933/Bakhtiyari_carpet_%282%29.jpg
We are selling our lovely 10 ft by 5.5 ft Persian Bakhtiar carpet, bought in
the Arabian Gulf in 2010. It was bought new, and is hand woven, with a
nature motif, with all natural dyes. Persian carpets increase in value the
more they age and if you look carefully on the Internet, you'll see antique
Bakhtiar carpets for sale for $6000 and well beyond. Carpets from this
region therefore make great long term investments, especially as normal wear
and tear on such carpets do not decrease their value.
 As we are relocating to a smaller place and we are not going to have room
for the carpet, (although we are keeping a number of other carpets,
including another Bakhtiar carpet which we will never sell!), we feel we
have to sell this beautiful carpet which took members of the nomadic
Bakhtari tribe so many months to painstakingly make. We are asking $900 for
a quick sale.
 To see examples of antique Bakhtari carpets see:
http://nazmiyalantiquerugs.com/antique-rugs/bakhtiari/
especially Bakhtiari Persian Rug 43651 (6th carpet down the page)
(http://nazmiyalantiquerugs.com/detail-image/?image=43651hires) which
features similar colours and traditional formal latticework pattern to ours.
Another website(http://esalerugs.com/7x10-persian-rugs-page-2.html) is
featuring another even more similar carpet, which doesn't appear to be
antique, priced at over $2000, down from $9000 +. This makes our price seem
super reasonable, but relative to what we paid for it, we would be happy to
sell it for $900 at this time.  (We tried our best to photo the large carpet
where it is in our rather dark house, so my husband had to color correct, so
its colors are slightly darker than the photo shows, however, placed in a
lighter spot, it is a very vibrant carpet!)
 Contact: moondreams20002000 at yahoo.com