[Rivertontalk] Eclipse Camp for Kids 4th-8th grades August 14-17/8 at CWC Lander

Suki Smaglik sukismaglik at mac.com
Tue Jul 25 10:58:44 MDT 2017

Wondering where the kids can be during the last week before school starts?  Have young visitors coming for the eclipse who would like to join their friends in learning more about space?

Eclipse Camp for Kids in Fremont County entering 4th-8th grades.  Sponsored by Wyoming NASA Space Grant Consortium.

Focusing on the total solar eclipse that is taking place the week following this camp, August 21, 2017, Eclipse Camp will be an opportunity to improve scientific literacy, using art and creativity as pathways to improve STEAM understanding, while inspiring the youth of our community to consider a future in a STEAM field.

Monday – Thursday
8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
CWC Lander Center

Overnight Event for 6th -8th grade
Thursday 5PM – Friday 11AM
Sinks Canyon Camp

Camp Cost (less than the cost of childcare for the week):
(Includes breakfast, lunch, snacks, transportation, souvenirs, and supplies)
4th – 5th Graders: $125 USD
6th – 8th Graders: $150 USD

To Register:
In person: 120 Leedy Blvd, Lander
Phone: (307) - 332-3394
Email: landercenter at cwc.edu

For more information and financial assistance (campership) contact: Sarah Jarvis, (307) - 851-5162 or 13saraht.st at gmail.com
Camp Activities Include:

•	Sun-Earth-Moon activities
•	Exploring our solar system
•	Viewing our Sun Safely
•	Solar Energy Technology
•	National Weather Service tour
•	High-Altitude Balloon Launch
•	Games, Solar Cooking, & Art
•	Story Telling & Writing

We are arranging transportation from county areas to Lander.  Let us know if you need it and from what location.

We’re also looking for Jr. Counselors (9th-12th grade) and adult volunteers.

Suki Smaglik
sukismaglik at mac.com <mailto:sukismaglik at mac.com>